Sunday, September 2, 2012

help!

Hello! This is the first post on this blog.
And sadly, I have made zero progress on my wedding planning. Well...that is not entirely true. I have done tons and tons of pinning to my "wedding board" on Pinterest. I have also been collecting information on venues for the reception/ceremony. So now I have a list of random places. The next step is to actually go and visit these places, instead of daydreaming about wedding decorations. 

Even though I have two years (give or take a few months) I feel like I should get a jump start on things. Especially because the plan is for me to move to Mississippi in January (as in 2013! eek!) and the wedding will be in Michigan.
So, my goal is to at least know the location for the reception. Which when saying it out loud it doesn't sound too difficult, but it is. 

Of course, I have already found my "dream dress" while doing some online window shopping. I am determined to hunt down this dress and try it on. I will not post a picture of the dress, for fear of it getting back to my husband-to-be...but trust me, it is fairytale wedding worthy. 

Basically, what I am getting at is that I am doing this whole wedding planning thing completely backwards. I only want to plan the fun stuff, surprise surprise. Not that finding a venue, a caterer, someone to marry us, etc. isn't fun. But I would much rather focus on center pieces and the billion different ways you can decorate a mason jar. Sometimes I think Pinterest is more of a curse than a blessing. 

For now, I am trying to keep all of my scattered thoughts and ideas to a minimum and focus on the big stuff. Easier said than done, so wish me luck! And I will continue diving headfirst into the new school semester and finding a job. 

Have a good holiday weekend everyone! 
xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment